Who doesn’t love soft fluffy muffins oozing with Jam? I think we all love muffins esp when they are filled with yummyness ( Jam in this case). These muffins make for a perfect snack or light breakfast made from simple ingredients that can be found around the house.
This recipe produces 6 medium sized muffins.
- All Purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Butter – 1/4 cup (melted)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (white sugar)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1/2 cup ( i used full fat)
- Vanilla Essence – 3/4 tsp
- Fruit Jam ( Any fruit Jam of your liking)
- Oil – Set aside a couple of tsp of oil to grease the pan
Baking Time: 18 mins
Oven Temp: 180C / 350F
Equipment used: Hand held mixer
Rest assured this is an easy and quick to bake method. Without further ado lets get started.
- Melt butter (couple of seconds in the microwave should be enough) and cool it to room temperature. Add the melted butter to a mixing bowl, to this add sugar, salt, milk, vanilla essence and egg. Mix well (i used a hand mixer) till the sugar melts and the ingredients are well combined.
- Now add the all purpose flour and baking powder and mix well, make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Grease the muffin tray with oil and spoon in half the mixture. Add a dolop of Jam (i added 3/4 tbsp of Jam) into the center of each pan. Top this with the remaining muffin batter and smooth the surface.
- Preheat the oven for 5 min at 180°C. Place the muffin tray into the oven and bake for 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
And next………….. Well all you have to do now is eat these delicious muffins.
Hope you enjoyed baking these muffins and had an even better time eating them.
So foodies, follow us for more yummy and easy to make recipes.